Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hankerin' for Hats

This post was meant for very early in the month, to coincide with the start of September's Whiplash competition at Whipup.net, where the theme was "hats," but so much for good intentions. Not only did I not get this post completed and up, I didn't even get my own hat started; it remains nothing but an idea knocking
^--a collage of my recently knit hats--^
about my cranium.* But I do love hats, yes I do, so I'm offering this selection of head-topping inspirations for your perusal and enjoyment.

Entries in the Whiplash hat challenge:
Be sure to check out the Whipup site for more inspired hat creations and past Whiplashes; I only listed a few here. Then if you are a member of Whipup, vote for your personal fave. There is all kinds of cool schwag for the winners, including booty from my friend Natasha's shop, Luxe.

For more inspiration, I offer up these links for hatmakers extraordinaire:
If you missed it, don't forget to check out my post on knitting wigs, which although technically not hats, are like hats, because, well, they go on your head. Same as a hat!

Lastly, I found this article by (Australian?) journalist Deborah Cameron, who is seeking an audience with a member, any member, of the Japanese Royal Family. She, upon learning that the pregnant Princess Kiko is an avid knitter, knit a baby bonnet in the royal colors (green and yellow) for the new Prince, Hisahito, and remains hopeful that someone will contact her for an interview. Go, Deb, Go!

*My idea is an Athena hat - more details to come.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Just scooted over here to say thanks for linking to my Flapper Hats and to have a look around. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the drive-by, sarah, and the comment - much appreciated. love those hats! see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for the links to the hats. I make chemo caps and am always looking for new ideas. Lots of great hats to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to help out, becky. i made a guess on your blog, too, about your mark twain reading joint venture. but i'm super dork girl and got confused about the timeline, so just ignore all the blather and look at my guess, 'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hats. I have been working on a few myself. I love to loom knit (still have not learned to use needles but maybe one day.)


    Thanks for sharing your blog,

    Dora Renee' Wilkerson
    http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, renee! i'm going to go check your blog out.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails