^--a collage of my recently knit hats--^about my cranium.* But I do love hats, yes I do, so I'm offering this selection of head-topping inspirations for your perusal and enjoyment.
Entries in the Whiplash hat challenge:
- from Sarah + h - Flapper hats
- the mini (and I mean mini) Santa hat from greetingarts
- from Less Stitch More Bitch, a crochet Tossed Salad hat
- a boytoque from phila*craft
- and my favorite: Liette, a Marie Antoinette wig-hat from the fabled needle
For more inspiration, I offer up these links for hatmakers extraordinaire:
- The Art of the Handknit Hat - a Flickr group
- Crazy Aunt Purl's tutorial for making the Brangelina Hat
- StudioLoo hats
- The hats of Elina Saari at Felt Faction
- Anna Voog's hats - everyone must know of her fanciful hats, but gotta put her in
Lastly, I found this article by (Australian?) journalist Deborah Cameron, who is seeking an audience with a member, any member, of the Japanese Royal Family. She, upon learning that the pregnant Princess Kiko is an avid knitter, knit a baby bonnet in the royal colors (green and yellow) for the new Prince, Hisahito, and remains hopeful that someone will contact her for an interview. Go, Deb, Go!
*My idea is an Athena hat - more details to come.