Saturday, January 02, 2010

Broke My Resolution on Day 1

Lake Crescent - 1/365 YIP

Not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but I guess I'm in the middle of a mid-life identity, if not crisis, at least quandary; why not make 2010 the year I become the person I want to be? So during the last weeks of 2009 I thought a lot about follow-through. I want to be someone who doesn't procrastinate so much, someone who finishes what she starts, who doesn't leave things in the idea stage saying "it's the thought that counts".

To that end I decided to shoot for a post-a-day in 2010, with a photo to accompany it - a kind of online journal of my life this year. My logic train was this: if I can muster the discipline to do one thing 100%, maybe it would color my attitude toward all things.

But who the hell was I kidding?? Broke that resolution right out of the freakin' gate. I did indeed take this photo yesterday, but the best laid blogging plans of mice & mine went predictably by the wayside. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, hahaha! At least I got the photo.

The start of the new year here was characterized by a metric BUTTLOAD of rain, starting about the time fireworks went off locally. The minutes just before & just after the midnight hour were accompanied by drumming on the roof - soothing. We woke up to what we call "Lake Crescent" - this giant puddle that forms in one of the low spots in our yard.

So, despite the utter & immediate failure of my resolve to blog every day of 2010, I'm going forward with my photo project anyway. Think of it as a day-in-the-life photo journal. This is #o01 of 365, & if you don't have anything better to do, feel free to follow along in my Year in Pictures set on Flickr. If you're really bored, check out the contributions of the other 184 participants.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Velma! I resolved to give up resolutions. Life's too short to try to keep a promise to myself I know I won't keep.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails