The year Cole & I decided to get hitched I made him a pair of boot socks for Xmas, & they were such a huge hit I knit him a second pair again the next year, which was last year. Seemed like a tradition worth carrying on, so I put "knit xmas socks for C" on my to-do list. Sadly, I haven't been cured of my terminal case of procrastination in the intervening years, which means that I didn't cast on until the 19th. Now, I call this the "1-week socks" pattern, but still, I didn't leave myself a lot of time.
Needless to say, it didn't happen. But I banished the guilt of not finishing, & they'll be done when they're done (hopefully by the end of the week; sometime during the xmas week seems close enough).
This shot is Cole's manly foot modelling sock #1. (I don't actually have to let him try them on to get a good fit - we share the same same shoe size, if you can believe it - but I just like getting him involved in the photoshoots). Just like iterations 1 and 2, this one is knit from scraps of Noro Kureyon left over from years of knitting beanies for charity. I like the way you can get a custom colorway by splicing together whatever lengths of Noro you have laying around.
Same shorter cuffs I've done before & a S1, K1 heel flap like last year are the pattern mods I'm using. This is a great pattern for the first time sock knitter: goes quick & no fussing with weensy needles.
Ravelry pages for my Xmas Socks can be seen here if you are so inclined: 2007, 2008, 2009.