Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Fez and Some Yarn

I spun some nubby red yarn recently, 2 skeins of it in fact. Made this fez out of one skein, called 'Blood Fever' and posted to the Fiber Friday community and put the other, 'Cranberry Bog', up at my Etsy shop, COLORBOMB Creations.

Made from a pattern of my own design that is based on an Interweave Crochet earflap hat pattern, the fez is embellished with the tassel from my '92 B.A. graduation ceremony and a vintage rhinestone Masonic pin that belonged to my great uncle. Modeled here by 'Betty', it looks pretty hot on me too.


H
ere's a shot of 'Cranberry Bog', the skein on Etsy. It too is a fuzzy-felty single spun from uncarded wool in deep reds, rosy pinks, foresty greens, and a smattering of burnt orange.

Yarn Stats:
76 yards / 69 meters
6.7 oz. / 190 grams
3-5 WPI /Super-bulky weight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails