Friday, April 13, 2007

Boucle, Baby!

I keep running out of energy to blog, but I had a fun experience last night, so thought I'd write a bit about it. I attended a meeting of my local fiber arts guild, Humboldt Handweavers & Spinners, and participated in the Spinning Boucle Yarn workshop led by Janet Finch of Aunt Janet's Fiber Mill in Whitethorn. Janet learned the technique she teaches from Diane Bentley-Baker's "Boucle Without Tears" workshop that she taught at last year's Black Sheep Gathering. She did such a great job, it was easy-peasy.

The first photo is a closeup of the boucle I spun last night, and the 2nd is that same yarn crocheted onto a freeform scrumble I will incorporate into my FreeformKnit365 project. It is about 3 yards of yellow mohair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails