Friday, October 06, 2006

KIP, Knitting, & Books

Since Friday is typically my day to post about knitting in public, since that's when I post a recap of the previous evening's local KIP/SnB extravaganza, Purl 'n Hurl, it seems like a good day to put up this KIP button, courtesy of Ellen at Lazy Knitting for the Masses. She also turned me on to the Northwind Book & Fiber Gallery, a book/yarn shop in Wisconsin I'd love to visit if I ever make it there. I would just pee myself with glee (glee peeing? gleeing? gleeping?) if I could run a shop like this.

Ellen is one of the participants in YarnPunk's Buggin' Out fiber swap, which I've mentioned before, and you guessed it, I drew her name in the swap. Hope she likes the package I sent her. I also hope she doesn't stumble across this post until she receives her schwag; don't want to ruin the prizer surpiser.

As for last night's KIP'ing, here's the hat I've almost FO'ed and the yarn for the scarf I'm WIP'ing.

Busy little bee, aren't I? The hat, in Manos del Uruguay on US7, I knit for my friend Jeff, who commissioned a watch cap; I modified the Hot Head pattern in the original Stitch 'n Bitch book and am very pleased with the outcome. I'm making a scarf for myself, on size 35 needles out of handspun I bought last year from Jenny Neutron Star. I'll be ready for Xmas with this one.

As for reading, I forgot to post about Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen, which I read in one sitting 2 weeks ago. Really enjoyed this circus tale, and will look for more by this author. Started but haven't really gotten into Chuck Palahniuk's Invisible Monsters; too tired to read at night. I'm a big fan of his, though, and expect good things.


Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I looked over Jenny Neutron-Star... and you simply must have both "Spring Chicken" and "Tease me."

    perhaps not ture Velma colourways but, OH, the possibilities...

    Both would be worthy additions to your stash

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't. buy. handspun. MUST MAKE HANDSPUN. (i'm tryin' to have some freakin' control here, girl! what're you doing to me?!?

    but yeah, i saw 'em and i *totally* agree.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails