Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Birthday, I Miss You

Kathleen Virginia Atterbury Root c. 1961
Today would have been my mom's 69th birthday. Today of all the days of the year, I think of her the most. I burn a candle, & think about her, and miss her like hell. She died in 2003 at age 62. She missed out on me going to graduate school; she missed out on meeting my husband Cole; she missed out on COLORBOMB. Mostly I miss out on her.

My intention was to write much more about my mom, my mom whom everybody that met her liked, my mom that could talk to absolutely anybody; but I just can't, somehow. I leave off with this picture of her with my sister Vanessa & me, taken at the dahlia show at Swan Island in fall of 2000 or 2001. She was an amazing woman.

Velma, Kathy, Vanessa c. 2000-2001
How did I never realize until now how much I look like her? I am like her in so many, many ways, and that doesn't bother me like it used to. I love you mom.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your Mom, Velma. Love your wonderful tribute and YES you carry her on in your heart and with your beautiful face. :) and xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thats such a nice pic of you all, she looks like a very Happy Lady and i'm sure she's got her eye on you from up there and knows eeeveryyyythingg lol xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of your mom sitting on that car. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails