Oops! I missed my first CoB update - doh! Oh, well. That's because I've been crafting my ass off! This update will be a 2-fer: Week 8 (Feb22-28) AND Week 9 (Mar1-7).
- Last of Ravelympics, & I: finished QTip crochet hat; spun a yarn for a UFO hat, Poppin' Fresh, and finished it; and I dyed some sock yarn (more about that below)
- and on the last day, during the Olympic closing ceremonies, I tried mosaic knitting for the first time, making a blanket square to donate to the Handmade Memories Haiti fundraiser - I forgot to blog about that, so here it is!
Mostly, I spent Week 9 DYEING! Except for the looooong post, Adventures in Dyeing Self-Striping Sock Yarn, I haven't blogged much this week, so I'll add pics here.
- After having so much fun making self-dyeing sock yarn the previous week, I did it again! It hasn't gotten blogged yet, so I'll add a pic of it drying on the warping board:
- I dyed a pot of Cotswold locks from Homestead Wool Farm:
- I dyed a pot of Coopworth locks, also from Homestead; here they are with the last batch, drying in the spring sun:
- besides dyeing, I also pulled out the stole I was working on before Ravelympics, & I finished it! It's my In a Theater Darkly, Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, #9 needles (all that's left is the blocking!):
A pretty damn good crafting fortnight, I'd say. What about you? Are you crafting or busting??