Thursday, February 11, 2010

Penultimate Prep

Only 1 more day, just over 24 hours, remain 'til the lighting of the Olympic flame, & you know what that means: RAVELYMPICS!! Keeping busy around here with preparation for the big moment. More on that tomorrow.


In the meantime, I've also been plugging away on my In a Theater Darkly stole, in anticipation of putting it away during Ravelympics. Only new projects & WIPs not touched since before Jan. 7 are eligible for Ravelympics, so this one will be temporarily retired for the duration of the competition.

Having reached the 30 inch mark (~30% of the 88" total eventual length), I'm liking how it looks: this dropped-stitch pattern really shows off the colors of Noro Kureyon Sock to best effect. But I'm having a bit of a problem with inadvertent dropped stitches; one about every 5th row or so. I can't figure out if it is the needles I'm using (round/blunt tips) or my general lack of experience with knitting lace, but either way it is definitely operator error; it's a simple, well-written pattern (called One Skein - A Stole! by Katja Jordan, & it is available as a free Ravelry download).

See you tomorrow for my first 'real' Ravelympics/Knitting Olympics post!
Tags:

1 comment:

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails