Friday, February 19, 2010

Make Mine Matchy Matchy

First off, a BIG thanks going out to everyone that commented on my last blog post about knitting for my dead mother. I feel like the outpouring really solidified my feeling of turning a problem project into a positive experience; 'closure', as they say.

Now, on to new projects! Two years ago I decided I wanted to make my first matching hat/scarf set. I made a cowl in an afternoon, a little number in Colinette Point 5 yarn that I successfully winged; dubbed Matchy Matchy Cowl, I had every intention of knitting the accompanying hat that same weekend.

But best laid Velma procrastinator plans, as usual. That was in 2008. Fast forward to now, & I added the hat to my list of projects I wanted to accomplish for Ravelympics. Four hours of my Monday night later: Matchy Matchy Hat was born! Yep, 2 years in the planning & only 4 hours to make. My favorite thing about it? My piggies stick out the top!

Come back tomorrow to see what else I finished this week...

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and they look great on you! Can't wait to see what else you've completed.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails