Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Pretty Pigtails

New Pigtails(tm), added to the Etsy shop today! These are called 'My Pretty Pony' (thanks, Knitch, for the name!!)

There are 4 total available: 1 each of the top & middle pics & 2 of the darker, bottom photo. Each is approx. 4ounces of Blue Faced Leicester (BFL) loveliness. Don't know about BFL? Boy, are you in for a treat! Soft like merino but with a longer staple length (~4-6inches), it is an easy spin for both beginners & experienced spinners alike.

All four of these braids came out of the same dyepot, but they vary from light to intense saturation as a result of my "patented" (LOL) technique. They'd look great mixed together!

Meant to get pics of the other braids I dyed this week, but I feel like crap (allergies, I hope) & I had zero luck capturing the yellow/green combo accurately. Maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! We have 2 daughters. Polina is 9 years and Liliya is 3 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. Nika
    --
    You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
    and our family ministry blog
    http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

    and my russian blog:
    http://nikacraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails