Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here's Waving at You, Kid

In honor of Jacey Boggs, who is arriving today at SOAR so I finally get to meet her!!, I'm re-posting this photo of myself sporting the hat I created for inclusion in her how-to DVD Sit and Spin!, using her faboo Insubordiknit handspun yarn. Called 'Babies in a Blender' (Rav link), it was worn by the drummer in the video. (I think it looked way better on him, but whatever.)

Answering the perennial question: "Art yarn is nice, but what the hell do I do with it?", I crocheted the hat from wee mini-skeins of Jacey's art yarn, complete with little 'shoulder sockets' for the doll arms. Someday I'll make another, using my own art yarn; I want to knit one this time, & I think it needs more appendages!

I thought I wrote a review of the DVD, but can't find it anywhere, so I have something to add to my to-do list when I get home. 'Til then, enjoy these little in absentia blog posts, & this trailer.



2 comments:

  1. i hate dolls so i think i really like how you dismembered them, on the other hand, its freakishly scary. but the colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems great that you get to meet her.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails