Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dood! I'm on Craftzine.com!


And I'm all verklempt! Back in May I met Brookelynn Morris, author of Feltique & Craft: contributor, at Maker Faire 2009. Seems like I made an impression, 'cuz today I was stunned to hear from a fellow Purl 'n Hurler that she touted my new SmorgasBOMBs on the Craftzine.com blog!! Read her write-up here, and feel free to leave her a comment about how you knew me before Craft: made me famous! (Don't forget: SmorgasBOMBs will be available in my Etsy shop when I return Nov. 3).

Other things going on today include NEW YARN finished!! That's always exciting. The picture is of 'Flambe', the navojo ply I did this week that I posted about before. As you might remember, I was hoping for enough yardage to make Harf, a hat/scarf combo pattern by the Spincycle Yarns chicks, Rachel Price & Kate Burge. But (there's always a but, isn't there?). The Harf requires ~360 yards of light worsted weight yarn, & while 'Flambe' fits the worsted bill, I only managed to eke out about 22o yards. :( With four freakin' ounces, I'm not sure how that happened, but 3-ply eats up the yardage. Anyway, I perused my Rav queue & came up with Plan B: the Headigan, a cardigan for your head! This pattern is from Red Lipstick, a site I've been a fan of from way back. I'm planning on casting on for this when I'm away at SOAR.

Speaking of SOAR: anything purchased from COLORBOMB Creations in my absence won't ship until I return (duh). So, feel free to stock up on my faboo fibers (when you buy, I can shop for new raw materials!), but don't forget that your order won't ship 'til Nov. 3.

With that, I'll leave you with this YouTube clip from A&E's new "drama-cumentary" Pot City USA", which I just learned this week is about Arcata, where I live. It could not BE any more hyperbolic & fearmongering, but if it keeps even one person from moving here, well, that makes me a fan; I like it just fine the way it is.



Now, I'm off to Purl 'n Hurl! Wanna finish up my Annetrelac socks so's I can enter them into the YARN sock contest. I'd better get om the stick, since the deadline is while I'm gone, & I still have a half a sock to go!!! Ever the optimist...

6 comments:

  1. Oh how fun Velma! You deserve the publicity that is for sure- AND your fiber packages are a wonderful idea- hope you sell TONS!! Smooches from the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout! I hope you enjoy knitting your Headigan!
    xxxx
    Staceyjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Velma! I just started a blog last week, and I still want to trade sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok your town is on Pot City USA and you're on Craftzine all in one week? All shades of jealous here. Congrats! On both! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats my dear! I'm so happy that I know such a famous chick!! your new fiber creations are awesome! I hope they are really well received and you sell a ton!! have a great time and enjoy!!! hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SOO exciting! Big, fat congratulations! Such a small world, I was at that Maker Faire too but I didn't know you then. I was the one crying next to the ice cream stand because no one would go on the rides with me. =( (Rachelle from Pn'H btw)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails