How are your holidays? I'm having a blast! Notice that I used the present tense in my query? Not only did we just have the season of CHRISTMAYULESTIVUSOLSTIKWANZUKKAH, as I call it, but Christians just celebrated the epiphany, or Twelfth Night, on Saturday, marking the end of the 12 Days of Christmas.
Not only is today The King's birthday. (Even the Prime Minister of Japan is a fan), but it is also National Coming of Age Day in Japan, known as Seijin shiki. If you are turning 20 today, Happy Birthday, and welcome to 'adulthood'.
And what do we have to look forward to?
- January 15 - Sankranti, National Kite Flying Festival in India and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the U.S.
- February 2 - Groundhog Day (halfway to Spring!)
- February 14 - Valentine's Day
- February 18 - Chinese Lunar New Year
- February 19 - President's Day in the U.S.
- February 20 - Shrove Tuesday (aka Pancake Day), Carnival, and Mardi Gras