Friday, July 28, 2006

Stitch 'n Bitch Field Trip?


For my local readers: What do you think about a field trip to kick-off summer Stitch 'n Bitch/Purl 'n Hurl? Here's an article in the Chico Enterprise about the opening reception for Avenue 9 Gallery's 2-month fiber arts exhibit, Fibers 2006. Although we are too late to make tonight's reception, the exhibit continues through September, and we could make the August 11 poetry reading and knit-in. I'd really like to see the environmentally-themed quilts of Dr. Eva Henneberry (check out the one that looks like it commemorates Cole's friend Julia Butterfly Hill). For those of us who not only knit but also weave, we could arrange for a visit to AVL Looms while in town. And according to the article, this exhibit is "not for women only" (duh); Jay, there's even a dude exhibiting his fiber-ceramic art! I'll put up a poll about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails