Sunday, January 31, 2010

Craft or Bust Week 4

Somehow this week slipped RIGHT through my fingers, blog-wise anyway. Fairly crafty, though, despite my lax posting. Busy with Craft or Bust! instead, dontcha know. ;)

These crafty projects I wrote about earlier in the week:


But that ain't all! I started a new knitting project, something to do while I knit in the dark at the Arcata Theatre Lounge. 'One Skein Stole' by Katja Jordan, and I'm knitting it with a skein of Noro Kureyon Sock I picked up at Sock Summit last summer. I chose this project, which is my Ravelry notebook here, because I wanted something to work on while watching sci-fi in the dark and I needed somthing that I could use my KnitLites to work on.

Yep, they light up! I purchased them at my LYS Handmade Memories a couple years ago with knitting at campfires in mind, but hadn't gotten around to trying them out yet. They work great! There is a small light in each tip, and turning on just one is enough to illuminate my knitting adequately. I don't really care for knitting on straight needles, but in this case I'm willing to compromise.

As for the pattern, it is an easy one that isn't too much trouble for low-light knitting when I'm distracted by a movie. Yarn overs and simple multi-wrap stitches create a simple lace pattern that really lets the yarn shine. Once blocked I think it will be a real looker.

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. surfing in your blog, and listening Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings,
    such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails