Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's Official: I'm a Creative Reuser!

What's better than handspun art yarn made from 100% re-purposed/up-cycled materials? I know! I know! - handspun art yarn made from 100% re-purposed/up-cycled materials that is featured in a book!! Yeppers, my yarn is in a new book!

Early this year I was asked by Garth Johnson of Extreme Craft to submit photos of my art yarns to a book project he had in the works. After some procrastinating I did, & now I'm a featured artist in the 'couture & softgoods' chapter!

1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse: Remake, Restyle, Recycle, Renew from Quarry Books is due to be released on Nov. 1 - just in time for holiday shopping (hint, hint). Humboldt locs, you can pick up a copy at our friendly neighborhood indie bookstore, Northtown Books in Arcata (thanks, Dante, for bringing this to the crafty masses!) Don't live behind the Redwood Curtain? No worries, Powells's has it.

I submitted 5 yarns for inclusion, 4 were selected by Garth, but I don't know if all 4 are included in the final iteration of the book; here's hopin'! These are the 4 pics I submitted.

Top L: (S)craptastic Handspun in 'Clown Pants' colorway
Top R: Sarindipitous Handspun in 'Madras Madness' colorway
Bottom L: Shaganator Handspun in 'Grape Ape' colorway
Bottom R: Raggedy Handspun in 'Green Man' colorway

Look for my friends Marcy Bruce from Shipwreck, Leethal, Rock Chick Design, & Whit McLeod Furniture, who are also contributors.

Edited to add: Oooh! I just Googled myself & discovered all 4 made it in!! Peek at pages 71, 88, & 90 to see my yarns!!! You can virtually browse the pages on Google here. AND you can order your own skein of any of these yarns in whatever colors float your boat - just drop me an email or visit www.colorbombcreations.etsy.com to order!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Congratulations!!!
    That's very cool news. I'm a big fan of the Shaganator yarns, and love to see them get famous :)

    - Tracy, who is not being recognized by Blogger, for reasons unknown

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails