I found this cool Flickr app at Fintan Darragh's website (how great a name is that?). It makes a nice little widget that puts a Flickr set in a blog post, like this. I likee. Thanks, Fintan!
I chose this set, my Stash Pride set at Flickr, because I want to be a part of the Stash Pride! movement created by Amanda at Clothesknit. Here are her
"Reasons to Embrace Your Stash":
- There is no guilt in buying yarn.
- Remember that your stash also makes good insulation.
- Yarn adds color to our everyday lives. The more stash, the more color.
- Yarn is cheaper than therapy.
- Moderate acquisition of stash helps ward off splurges and binges.
- Stash acquisition helps support a dyeing/dying economy.
- Supports and promotes cottage industries.
- Yarn is better for the body than chocolate and won’t stay on your hips.
- A well displayed stash can also function as art around your home.
- Stash is like a scrapbook. Each skein has a memory tied to it.
- Proud to be a knitter? Be proud of your stash — it is a knitter’s essence.
- Be proud of your stash since you’ve worked hard to accumulate all those skeins.
- Yarn is beautiful and should be cherished — just ask a spinner!
- Because you CAN!
Thanks, Amanda! And this is by NO means my entire yarn stash; not at all. It will take awhile to get it all photographed, cataloged, and uploaded, so check back in for more.