Monday, August 21, 2006

Busy Little Blogger

This weekend was chock-full of velvety-goodness. My friend Shaylin is getting married next month, and I helped her twin sister Heather plan the bachelorette party, which was Saturday. Wheee!-and-a-half! Good times were had by all at the BBQ followed by a jaunt to Everett's & Mazzotti's in Arcata to get the bride-to-be all liquored up. Methinks we did our job a little too well, though; when Shaylin puked all over Heather, it wasn't the kind of girl-on-girl twin action you want to see! Everyone survived the evening however, and Bridezilla says she had a great time.

Should have been at Katy and Dawn's baby shower on Sunday, but had trouble locating a ride, so I stayed home and recovered from the previous night's antics. Took the opportunity to get started on the Bobbles, Bobbles Everywhere bag for the Noni KAL; got it cast on and knit up to the point where I have to pick up stitches. Don't have the right size Addis for that, so I set it aside and knit a few rows on the Central Park Hoodie instead. Got the front, back, & feet complete on the Humbert Humbert Pig's Ass potholder for the Knit the Classics Lolita-along. And I finally got the gauge right for the Fez for the Vintage KAL, and am about an inch in.

I also spent some time updating the sidebar with some new links. I joined the new Spinknitties webring, and the Knitty Coffeshop/Knitty Heads webring. I added the Yarnographer's Forum to my groups. I joined yet another knitalong, the Stitch Diva Simple Knit Bodice KAL, and there's a link to that. I bought the pattern, but haven't ordered the yarn yet. I also put links to my Flickr photo albums of my stash, WIPs, and FOs for those that are interested.

3 comments:

  1. Velma... for some reason, I can't imagine why, I delight in finding more projects to pile on to your ever-growing heap... you sure are busy...

    is Cole's birthday coming up soon?

    http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTthong.html

    truly perverse!

    I say HOT PINK! Velma style...

    Love the yarn!
    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 AM

    Hey V,
    I was thinking of joining the KAL but couldn't figure out how to join the group. Maybe you can give some guidance.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. r, you crack me up! yes, knitty is dabomb. both of the sweaters that i have knit are knitty-designer patterns. you should definitely explore their sight more.

    e, i'll give you some help. wanna do lunch? xo v

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails