Sunday, April 13, 2003

Tirades, Taxcrastination, and Two-putts to Victory

I've been trying to understand why, despite all the visitors to my site, I don't seem to generate much 'discussion' via the comment sections of Velma's World, and I think I may have stumbled across the reason on Joe's Blog. Joe foments controversy! Joe takes bold stands! Joe puts it out there, in a big way. I want to say right up front that I agree with that. In all of the reading I've done on 'What Makes A Great Blog,' I've never seen any reference to lobbing thought-bombs & inviting readers to enter the fray. I think that the Great Knitblogs are not just well-written, picture-filled, and funny, but also THOUGHT PROVOKING. So there. Please feel free to share your thoughts on the matter.

So that pretty much covers the Tirade header. But what about Taxcrastination? How much irony is there in the fact that the Hubby and I did our taxes today -- two days before the deadline (argh!) -- while listening to This American Life, which covered The Economy in today's broadcast. The first 'Act' was about a financial guru-cum-therapist-cum-proselytizer named Dave Ramsey. His mantra? "Have a plan on how to spend and save your money," and "live within your means, not on credit." Sound familiar? I don't know about you, but that's pretty much *exactly* what my momma taught me. But did I learn? Nosir, I did not. I spend far too much of my 'disposable' income (how telling a term is THAT?) on my stash. I am guilty of trying single-handedly to prop up the fiber industry. And I read in other blogs every day of similar feelings of guilt on this topic. My inner-momma is shaking her finger at my right now.

And lastly, two-putting to victory in a sudden-death playoff, Mike Weir beat friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend of mine Len Mattiace at the 67th Masters (Golf) Tournament in Augusta, Georgia today. Weir is the first Canuck to EVER win The Masters -- Go Canada!

P.S. More knitting stuff later. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails