Sunday, March 16, 2003

Gotta Have a Hat



Ponytail Hat WIPStarted working on Betsy's Ponytail Hat design today. This is my first experience working with thick-and-thin slub yarn, and I'm finding it a little disconcerting, but I am happy with the results as it knits up. I'm using Colinette Point 5 purchased on eBay from Toadal. The colorway is marked as "#20," which is, as you can see, a soft mix of cotton-candy pink, ice blue, and a hint of mint. It feels wonderful in my hands, and I think it makes a nice alternative to Labrador, which is what Betsy used in her prototype. The pattern she sent me is a little longer than the one in her image at Straw.com; she told me she thought the original sat somewhat too high on the forehead, so she added some extra rows. Although she suggested Crystal Palace needles, I am working with #13 Addi Turbos, as I am a tight knitter, and the slickness of the Turbos seems to compensate for that a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking, I dare you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails